CVLab, Würzburg, Germany
PhD Researcher in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision at the University of Würzburg, advised by Prof. Radu Timofte. I’m Computer Vision Scientist at Sony SIE working on problems in computer vision related to my thesis. I am also Senior Data Scientist (Kaggle Grandmaster) at H2O.ai, ranked 42nd of 205.000 data scientists worldwide at Google’s largest data science platform for problem-solving.
My current research interests include neural networks, machine learning, low-level computer vision, inverse problems, computational photography and photorealism.
During 2020-21, I worked on image processing at Huawei Noah’s Ark Lab (London) supervised by Dr. Eduardo Pérez-Pellitero and Prof. Aleš Leonardis.
I obtained my M.Sc. in Computer Vision from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) with honours for my work Real-time Image Enhancement for Smartphones.
Outside of academia, my hobbies include hiking, photography, history, economy, and art.
“Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.” Albert Einstein
- Reviewer for the following conferences and journals: CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, WACV, NeurIPS, IEEE TIP, IEEE TPAMI and IEEE TCSVT
- Teaching Assistant for semester courses: "Image Processing and Computational Photography", and "Computer Vision"
- Co-organizer of the New Trends in Image Restoration and Enhancement (NTIRE) workshop at CVPR 2023
- Co-organizer of the Advances in Image Manipulation (AIM) 2022 workshop at ECCV 2022
- Video Quality Experts Group (VQEG). June, 2023. Presentation of "Towards Real-Time 4K Image Super-Resolution". Other invited speakers were David Minnen (Google), Richard Zhang (Adobe). Meeting hosted by Saman Zadtootaghaj.
- NTIRE CVPR 2023 Workshop. Presentation of our recent work on Bokeh Effect rendering and Real-time Super-Resolution.
- AIM ECCV 2022 Workshop. Presentation on "Image Signal Processing and RAW images reconstructions".
I'm interested in neural networks and deep learning to solve computer vision problems in image/video processing, computer graphics and computational photography. Please see the complete list of publications at Google Scholar.